So… what is basically veTools?
veTools (virtual enhanced Tools) is a module for PowerCLI which implement lots of automation for your virtual environment based on vSphere.
in addition I’ve included scripts for working with vCloud director.
the rules are simple:
- There are mandatory and optionally parameters.
- for ease of use, to work with arrays/tables just write down csv and send it’s path. the functions will do the rest.
- help included by using get-help for veTools functions.
- include reports with an option to create excel files (xlsx files).
- joins objects of vCloud director and vSphere together to bring more transparent picture a about your environment.
- I’ve collected some scripts from web and written by myself, and collected them together into 2 files:
- psm – module which have the source code.
- psd – definition such as global constants.
this module is free and open source, so use it and enhancements are always welcome 🙂
In order to download the code you can use Subversion to checkout in read only mode the code: